Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oh My~ These are Pretty!

Hello all~ Although you have all seen hand dyed seam binding done before, and even I have done it a few times, I thought I would show you my latest batch. They came out so pretty, it can become addicting!

Isnt it beautiful?? This time I just used reinkers from Stampin Up to dye with. They did a good job. The colors dried quite a bit lighter than they looked when wet. And they all have a bit of a variegated tone to them. It makes them look vintagey- (if thats a word?).


The colors I used are (clockwise from upper left) Pixie Pink, Summer Sun,Tangerine Tango, Ballet Blue,Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, and the little piece is Soft Sky.

 My only other supplies were the beige craft mat, but you can use wax paper if you dont have a mat, a spray bottle with plain water, and a pair of latex gloves. Plus of course some white seam binding.
Cut a length of ribbon you desire, mist it with water, place a few drops on your craft mat along with a drop or two or three of ink, smoosh it around with your gloved hand, and then add the ribbon. Rub it around in the dye till it all looks covered. Next step is to crush the ribbon in your hand to give it that crinkled, old look, and lay out to air dry. You can speed that up with a heat gun if you want to.
And thats it!!! Look forward to seeing these ribbons on future creations! Its a great way to use up reinkers that you may not have the ink pad to anymore.
Many thanks for stopping by...


1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Really pretty! Are you taking orders?!