Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thanks For Waiting For Me


Hi all! I am now back from my not so little hiatus. It was a busy summer, and a sad one. My Dad passed away after a long illness at the beginning of the summer. Something like that surely takes the wind right out of your sails. Besides many other things, I had lost my creativity. I would go into the art studio and kinda just sit there.
I also spent much of the rest of the summer in New York, where I am orginally from, spending time with my Mom, and my oldest son who lives there also. I also got to spend some nice time with all of my extended family. My daughter actually stayed there with her Nana, for about 2 months. This good family time was great for all of us. We brought Nana back home with us when we left NYC. She stayed for 2 weeks and had a nice time. Some fresh ocean air is good for the soul.
Now that fall is upon us, I am back to crafting. And like the photo above, I want to thank all of you for sticking with me.
This was a card I made for a good family friend. It was the first time I made this type of card, and saw the tutorial on a Whiff Of Joy blog post a few months back. I used a Magnolia image, Basic Grey papers and Copics of course. The top two sentiments are from Stampin Up Sets.



This photo shows the card with all the tiers unopened.


I wrote her a message on the back of the card, although if you write rather small, you could do it on one of the pull ups.
Many thanks for stopping by...



No comments: