Thursday, December 31, 2009

A SPECIAL CHRISTMAS CARD

Hello everyone!! I am a bit late in wishing all a very Merry Chrsitmas. I once again have some out of town company, so I have not been able to get to my computer too much this week.
But I did want to share with you a special card I made for my husband. I wanted to make him a card with more of an adult type of theme, rather than the "cutesy" type stuff I usually go for.
Not remembering where I saw this stamp awhile ago, I turned to my SCS friends and asked for their help. It was only about a day later that I had several suggestions as to where I could find similar type images. Once again, thanks all for your help.
This girl is actually a digital stamp and is from Sweet and Sassy digital images. I sized her to fit a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch square card and printed her out on my computer. Easy as pie. I colored her with my Copics and used SU crystal effects to make her boot and belt appear to be patent leather.
I then used Martha Stewart flocking to add a fur look to her hat and trimmings. I am not sure yet how much I like this brand of flocking. I am thinking that Doodlebug makes a better product when it comes to this.
Paper is all from my scrap drawers except for the card base, which is SU Real Red. Here is a shot of the inside of the card. The sentiment is computer generated and cut with nesties and glittered.
Unfortunately a glass of something?? was spilled on the card before this picture was taken, so if you look close, you will see that its kinda warped and dicolored on the inside part.
But most importantly, Bob loved it and thinks it is one of my best cards ever.


Many thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

BEAUTIFUL---as always! Great job!