Sunday, May 23, 2010

DONNA DOWNEY INSPIRED ARTIST WORKSHOP

Last week I was lucky enough to attend Donna Downeys Inspired Artist Workshop weekend. I could only stay for some of it, as I had to return home for my neices communion, but I so enjoyed the time I was there. I think I will be going back next year for the whole thing.
I took some classes with Donna a few years ago, and learned alot and liked her quite a bit, so I knew this event was going to be good. She actually hosted the weekend and only taught a couple of classes, but she had a host of wonderful artists there to teach all kinds of things.
I took some of the mini workshops. They last about an hour, so you are moving fast to get as much done as poosible within that time frame.But you receive a wonderful kit and lots of great instruction, so its possible to finish later.
It took place in Charlotte NC, which is about a 4- 4 1/2 hour drive from my home. The hotel was Embassy Suites and was very accomodating, clean and quite pretty.
This poster greeted us at the entrance to the lobby. Here I thought I would share some photos of what I saw while I was there. The next few are from DD's booth.
A gorgeous journal on display....
This banner is part of a new kit she was selling. Arent the colors so bright and cheery?
And you cant not like how it is displayed on the dress form.


A t shirt from theevent and a sample apron. This was one of the classes Donna taught. It sold out right away.

Here is a photo of me and 2 friends after we took the altered camera bag class from Cari Fennell. She works for Prima Marketing and was really sweet.

This photo is from a class I took about how to mkae a watercolor travel journal. This teacher has a running monthly column in Southern Lady magazine. Her illustrations are to die for...

A sample page from one of the journals. She made it look so easy.

Here we are shopping a the Donna Downey booth early in the morning before I even took my shower and got ready for the day. Donna was happy to take pictures with everyone and was even giving out candy from a wicker basket while we shopped. Chocolate and craft supplies??? what better way to start the day~
A HUMANITARIAN RAFFLE WAS ON DISPLAY
There was a raffle with all proceeds going to Hope For Haiti relief. Many big name artists made a camera bag and donated them to the cause. They were all so different, yet all pretty.

You can see which artist made which bag by the names on the ticket boxes in front of each.

Another room had a vendor fair and it was fun to shop in there. Here is one of the booths.


Another photo with Donna. Yipee!!!!!!!

The next 2 pictures are form Jenny Bowlins booth. She is so sweet to talk with, and being a vintage girl myself- her booth was a dream.
She was selling some of her scrapbook line, along with lots of old vintagy goodness. I could have stayed in this booth all day.

Needless to say, I had a couple of bags in my hands after I left these displays. I think I was so excited to see all this vintage stuff, I forgot to ask her for a photo with me.
I have many more photos and some wonderful memories of this event. I think I will start saving my money for next year.
Many thanks for stopping by...













No comments: