Sunday, September 12, 2010

YARD SALE FINDS...

Happy weekend all!!! One of the highlights of our weekend is to go yardsaleing. We get up early, as around here they start at 7 am!! After checking our local paper, we are off. My town is quite small, so there arent usually too many, but its just enough for us. We almost aways come home with a great find.
As I love anything vintage, I am always excited to find things like I found yesterday at an estate sale.
The coffee service is silverplated, and I love it just as is~ tarnish and all. It will stay that way. The plate under the creamer may be real silver, and that only cost me $1.00! We need to look into that a bit further. Arent the 2 wicker trays so pretty?? I love to get my hands on old wicker, especially when its not broken. I think Im all ready for a tea party~
The sticker below, was on this beautiful compote, and it was only $5.00! Again, in perfect condition. Its pretty heavy also.
This is a shot of the whole compote. It will look very nice in my dining room filled with seasonal bits of nature~ shells, gourds, pine cones, little robins eggs, etc.

There were also a couple of postcards from the fifties, One is of some older ladies selling flowers on a street in Raleigh, NC. The others are the same- all from a motel of the the same time period, but in Florida.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend as well.
After our yardsaleing was done, my husband and I snuck off to our favorite little breakfast place in town. I love Saturday mornings!!!
Many thanks for stopping by...



No comments: