Thursday, October 7, 2010

A CHRISTMAS CARD~ AND A PAUSE

Today I have a Christmas card, which is also my lastest submission for the Artful Legacy Design Team.
Its a larger card, measuring 5 by 7 inches, and made on an ivory cardstock base. The paper is assorted pieces from my ever growing stash.
I layered a carmel color patterned piece onto the base, then used a smaller blue piece with tiny polka dots over that. Lastly, a dark blue cardstock piece frames the stamped image.
What I did was to stamp the village in versamark and emboss with gold embossing powder. I then embossed the sentiment with fine detail black embossing powder just a bit to the right of the main image.
I then made the background. Using some cosmetic sponges (since I didnt have any new sponge daubers), I used Dune chalk ink for the sand/dirt area, sponging from the image down. For the sky, I used an old Marvy inkpad called Salvia Blue. This pad is a bit too dried out to actually stamp with, but works fine to add color with sponges, or color dusters. So this one earned its spot back on my inkpad shelf. I added a small bronze crystal to the nite sky to symbolize the star the 3 wisemen followed.
This card is a good one to make if you need multiples, as it goes together rather quickly.
The stamps are "For Unto You Is Born ALS 1314JJ" and "Oasis LW101 JJ" and are available on the Artful Legacy web site.
Which brings me to the "Pause" in my title today. Christine and Buck, the owners of Artful Legacy are doing a bit of restructuring of their business. After having a brick and mortar store for several years, they closed and decided to become on online store. While that is progressing nicely, they have decided to once again open a local store. In the meantime, I will be taking a break from my design team work till things are all up and running.
In the meantime though, you can still order their products online.
Many thanks for stopping by...

No comments: