Thursday, December 9, 2010

A DIFFERENT KIND OF SYMPATHY CARD...

Hi all~ Today I have a sympathy card to show you~ one for a four legged friend. Often times the grief can be heartbeaking when we lose this type of family member. And for that, there is a special kind of sympathy card.
My Mother in Law called me to tell me that a cousin of hers had recently lost a beloved member of the family. Although she was 15, it was still very hard for them to say goodbye. My Lab is 13 now, and in poor health, and I am dreading this day.
But, I made them a "pet sympathy" card which I think came out pretty cute. It uses the SU set "D Is For Dogs". I have a feeling that this set was recently discountinued, but please correct me if I am wrong. The card is made with a pull out insert to give it a bit more interest. I used a yellow from DCWV paper pad, and scraps for the designer paper.
Everything has been cut out with Spellbinders and the dog is adhered with foam tape for extra dimension.
Acroos the top of the yellow cardstock, I stamped the dog bone in Versamark ink, and then clear embossed it. I like this look, as it adds interest while remaining subtle. I dont think I have used this technique before, but will certainly add it to the list. Its easy and adds a big impact.

This photo shows the inside of the card, where I again used nesties, and then stamped the dog paw in Memento Black ink. I stapled 2 small pieces of ribbon to the top as a pull out device. Easy peasy~

For the ribboon slider, I used Tags Trio from Spellbinders, running a ribbon thru the back and finishing it off on the back of the card.

Another view of the entire card. Colors are a bit off, its a really pretty banana type of yellow, and a celery green.

Many thanks for stopping by...

No comments: