Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RAINY, DREARY DAYS

First I must say that I am very thankful all this rain is not snow. But having said that, I am so sick of winter and gray dreary days. It is raining again today and very windy. Not typical southern North Carolina weather.
And with that in mind, I made this card. Not for anyone in particular, but for my dwindling stash of cards. When I was browsing in my stamp collection, I came across this rainy day girl in one of the monthly kits from Unity Stamp Co. and knew she was the one. She knows what its like to live around here these days.
The sweet sentiment is also from the same kit. The stamps from Unity always give a nice clean image.
Her umbrella is paper pieced from some scrap paper. The base of the card is an older Stampin Up color, and the patterned paper is Chloes Closet by Making Memories. She is colored in with Copics and cut with Nestabilities. This pretty butterfly is from Close to My Heart and is in one of their new sets.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope its sunny where you are! (or at least not snowing!)

No comments: