Wednesday, June 13, 2012

End Of Year School Gifts

June means fun warm days, plans for summer fun, visits from family and friends, and most important to all kids~ the end of school!! That also means needing ideas for end of year gifts for your childs favorite teacher.
I am here to show you a quick and easy idea that is sure to please.


My daughter has 3 teachers/helpers that work in her room. So we needed 3 gifts. This idea is not my own, there are many different versions around blogland, but these are the ones I made up.
They are the insulated drink holders that come with a lid and a straw. They are also useful and adorable!
I had worked on a tag flag for them that had a picture and some color, but when I went to print them the nite before the gifts were going to school, my computer behaved very badly and would not let me print them. It was already late, so I had to come up with a plan 2, which was much more simple, but worked just fine.
Its basically a flag about 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 made from designer paper that was the color of each cup. I just hand cut the flag on the end. The left side has 2 slits made with my x-acto knife, wide enough for the straw to fit thru. The sentiment is computer generated. Notice the spelling of TEAcher~ as that is what is inside the cups!


This flag went on the other 2 cups~ for the helpers in the class. Had I realized the troubles I was going to have a bit earlier~ I would have colored these in by hand, and tried to stamp something tiny on them somewhere.
Here they are all together. And ready to go.
I filled the cups with these little drink packages from Lipton Tea. I also made a thank you card, theresa wrote in it and we put it in the middle of the cup. The little tea packs go around it on the outside, this way they stand up like tall little soldiers.
Hope you are all looking forward to a good summer like we are!
Many thanks for stopping by...

2 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Try 2-blogger doesn't like me! CUTE! I have one of those cups and they are AWESOME! Great gift-cute tags! Blessings, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a great web site.
Resources