Sunday, May 22, 2011

EASY COPIC REFILL TUTORIAL

Hello everyone! Yesterday, I went with my good friend Sharon ( Oak Island Stamp Queen) to a Copic class in Myrtle Beach. Yes, I have been to Myrtle Beach 2 weekwnds in a row.
Although it was a beginner class, and I have been using these markers for well over a year, I decided to go with her. Since this is our closest scrapbook store and its over an hour away, we dont get to take a class from someone else too often.
Dont get me wrong, we love teaching our classes, but its just nice to sit and relax sometimes. KWIM?
Anyhow, the class was fun and it did make me want to go home and play with my markers~
My flesh color ones needed refilling, and I thought I would show you how to do this as I go along. There are several tutorials on You Tube for refilling the markers. But this is so easy, you dont even need to ever leave my blog-LOL.
Fist get out your marker and your refill. The refills are usually sold wherever you purchased the marker. Or several places online. The good thing about Copics is that the marker itself never has to be replaced, just keep refilling it. Remember to make sure they are the same color.
Next, open both ends of the marker. This will release the pressure inside.
Next, using a paper towel and your fingers, pull out the nib on the wide side. It will come straight out with a firm pull.
Then, just add the refill liquid drop by drop. Mine took about 20-25 drops. You know that the marker is full when the brush end starts to look like its going to drip.


Then just push the nib back in, put both covers on, and you are done.

I like to lay them flat for a little while so the juice spreads evenly throughout the marker.
And thats it!!!!
Easy peasy right??
You know you need to refill them when the end you are using starts to lose some color. Or when your coloring starts to get a little streaky looking.
OK, now go off and make something pretty~
Many thanks for stopping by...











3 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Thanks! Now I know how to do that, too!

farmhouse-story said...

i haven't had to do this yet, so thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

THX for sharing