Sunday, June 28, 2009

GIFT FOR A BABY SHOWER

Yesterday my husband and I went to a "couples" baby shower. I had only been to one like that , actually the year before I met my husband, and he had never been to one before. The new dad is a co worker of my husbands and they are fairly recent transplants to N.C. from the midwest.
It was fun~ alot like a typical baby shower, but without the games that ladies play. A nice way for everybody to get together.
I made them a paper bag album scrapbook. They know the baby is a boy, so with that in mind I turned to some of my favorite baby paper~ Nanas Nursery. the boy stack. I love this paper and hope that I have bought enough for quite some time.The book has 8 pages, and a front and back cover. Since I dont know them too well, I left the book pretty much open for almost all photos. Some people dont like if you have too many bows or flowers on a baby boy book. I have kept most of my "chotchka" things out of it this time.
This is the cover, with a large mat for one of his first photos. The green ribbon is from Stampin Up and is a twill which was absolutely wonderful to work with. I will be buying more of that type of ribbon. This is pages 1 and 2. Page 1 has a pocket for tags, photos or journaling.
Here is a closeup of page 1. These stickers, which I have matted and then popped up are from K and Company.



I have popped up all of the embellishments on the photo mat areas, so the actual picture can slide right behind them. This gives a nicer, more finished look. And you dont have to trim off as much of your photo.



Pages 3 and 4. More photo mats.



Pages 5 and 6. Page 5 is another pocket type page~ this time horizontal. I couldnt resist putting a little purple bow near that cute frog.






Pages 7 and 8. Page 8 has a 3-d sticker clothesline~ which I hung from butterflies made from a Martha Stewart punch.

Many thanks for stopping by.
Tomorrow I will be back with the adorable card that went along with this gift.





1 comment: