Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TILDA WITH ROSE HINGED CARD

Ok, so maybe this card holds a bit of a double meaning. I think I'm a bit of a late bloomer, so the fact that this adorable Tilda is holding a bloom doesnt go unnoticed~ although it was quite by accident. I happen to love this image of Tilda. And its great that she is in the pink collection, bringing awareness to breast cancer.
The other part of the "late bloomer" is that this is the first hinged card I have made. I have seen them all over blog world and have admired them from day one. Not sure why it took me so long to try them myself. She is made with some older Making Memories designer paper, Some Lilac Stampin Up Cardstock, which I ran thru my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder, and assorted scraps. I stamped the image on PTI stampers select white cardstock. I like this paper for stamping when I am using my Copics to color with.
The cute sentiments are from Stamps and Smiles. The set which they are from is called "Happy Birthday Cupcake" and thats also the set I used in the previous post.
Flowers are by Prima, Crystals are from a giant size bag I purchased at Joannes some time ago.
The ribbon is by Offray and another one of my favorite things. The black plaid is so versatile and looks so pretty (or masculine if need be).
Sorry my photos all seem to be a bit crooked today.
I made another hinged card the same day and will show it to you tomorrow, or you can see it now on my SCS gallery.
Many thanks for stopping by...

No comments: