Thursday, October 1, 2009

BAD BLOGGER!!

I have been a slacker lately as far as the blog goes. But although I could have snuck in a post here and there (maybe?) I didnt. I am sorry. But for your veiwing pleasure~ here is one of the reasons ~ actually 41 of the reasons~ that I havent been around lately.
I was hired by a local family to make birth announcements for their brand new baby boy. He is sooo cute and his name is Derik John. They wanted traditional boy colors, and since we live by the sea, the sailboat was a perfect choice. It is all done in Stampin Up cardstock- Night Of Navy, Soft Sky (retired), Old Olive and little snippets of Bashful Blue. The verse is a Verve Stamp, Edge punch by Martha Stewart, and Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Here they are lined up on my work table before the sailboat was made. They were a pleasure to make, but quite time consuming. The stamping was minimal, but there was so much measuring, cutting and glueing.
The little squares behind the sailboat ended up to be me cutting 164 shapes!
The boat is made with the circle punch cut in half for the boat, a 1" square punch for the right sail, and a 3/4" square for the left sail. These were punched and then cut on the diagonal. The little flag on the top was hand cut by me.


The inside of the card has his computer generated stats on the right side in 2 different fonts, and a photo of him on the left. I did not photograph this as to not invade the privacy of my customers, but it was as cute as the outside.
Many thanks for stopping by, and I promise to be back real soon~



No comments: