Saturday, February 6, 2010

GOOD THINGS COME IN THREES~

From this....... To this.....
Three family members are all expecting little girls around now. So I decided to make all three the same book to go with their other gifts for baby. Its a book that Sharon taught in our class last month. I was also supposed to be there and help, but was stuck up in the mountains in a snowstorm. She did wonderful without me, and so did all the ladies.
What they made was a push me pull you book. You may have seen them around blogland ( my favorite destination!) and now you get to see my version. It is a four fold, and each section has a top and bottom pull out for photos or journaling.

I have also decided to add a ribbon closure to mine, as I thought this was a pretty touch.
No stamping here, but pretty just the same. I used my fav go- to paper for baby stuff- Nana's Nursery from DCWV. I have both the boy and girl versions and use them quite a bit. Usually when I buy one of these "stacks" of paper, I use it once or twice, and then it just takes up room in my art studio. But not this time.
Martha Stewart puunches were used. Seam binding and sheer polka dot ribbons, prima flowers and lots of baby themed embellishments, all of which I had in my stash.

Some more views of the inside, although I now realized I did not photograph them with the pull out pages visible. Sorry. When making baby books, I leave alot of room for photos, as all new parents love to see how different the babies look from one picture to another. I let their adorable little faces become the stars of the book.
Noww off to mail them to Colorado and Oklahoma.
Many thanks for stopping by....






1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Beautiful! As usual! LOve all the frillies and sparklies and---things you can't do with BOY books! Lol. Correction tho: yes, the ladies did fine, and yes I taught---but almost had a MAJOR MELTDOWN doing it! I MUCH prefer team-teaching with my friend!