Saturday, February 27, 2010

NO CALORIE COOKIES

Hello, I am back today with another birthday card. Our family has a few birthdays all around the same time. This time it was for my Brother in Law John. Im sure many of you have seen a card like this before, but I had not, and when I did, I knew this was the one for him.
He loves Oreo cookies and since I find Masculine cards more of a challenge , this seemed perfect to me. Its tough when you cant have all those frilly girl things that make cards so pretty.
Well, here is my plate of cookies. They were so much fun to make, I ended up with 3. I made these with my nestabilities, but you can do them with any circle cutter. Once the circle was cut. I ran them through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder to give the cookies a little texture. I punched the center ovals with the Stampin Up Oval and Scalloped Oval punches. The bottom punch is the plain oval, then punch a scalloped oval, and punch out the center of that one with the regular oval punch. Adhere them together and either write or stamp the word OREO in the middle.
I chose to stamp it with my Just Right Brayton Font stamps, as I thought this looked neater than my handwriting. I then used my bone folder to make the little line accents around the edges of each cookie.
Here is a photo of the inside. I cut out 2 smaller circles with white SU cardstock, and adhered them with foam tape to give the filling a bit of a 3-D look. The brown cardstock is Bazzills Bittersweet Chocolate. A fitting name, isnt it?
I think this would make great invitations to a childs party, or any type of casual get together.
Now that I have hopefully made you hungry, many thanks for stopping by...



No comments: