Saturday, February 13, 2010

What????? Not here!

Well, I thought for sure I had seen the last of this!! After living my whole life in New York, we decided 5 1/2 years ago to leave the cold and snowy Northeast for sunny beaches.
And low and behold~ look what followed me! I live in the southern most tip of North Carolina, Myrtle Beach is my close neighbor to the immediate south. So when we would hear these VERY infrequent reports of possible snow, we laughed it off.
Last night was no laughing matter. This was what the front of my house looked like at about midnite. And the snow continued throughout the nite. We lost power during the nite, and my daughter became quite scared as she sleeps with a lamp on at all times. Not wanting to have her come into my room and have to sleep on the floor, I told her to stay in her room and we would keep the doors open. Her room is right next to ours.
Well before long thru my closed eyes I sensed flashing and blinking lights. My girl had found a weird type of flashlight near her bed and was putting it into action thru the hallway. I asked to please keep it on the low setting. She said ok. Minutes later, there was the red light from a laser pointer shining all over the place. Needless to say, we didnt get much sleep last nite. But had some laughs. And yes- it did get her into our room like she wanted~ I was out this late to take these photos as I had to let Madison, our 12 1/2 year old Lab out to do her business.
Here she is with her eyes closed as she didnt like getting the big wet snowflakes in them. She apparently forgot she lived in weather like this for more than half her life.
See my snowy dragonfly to the left?

One last shot of my bushes. Tomorrow I will show you some photos taken at 8 the this morning.
p.s. Thank you Miss Sharon~ as TT told me the laser pointer was something you had given her. LOL.
Many thanks for stopping by....


1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Poor Madison! Laser pointer? I don't remember giving her a laser pointer...?! Really...I don't...!