Sunday, March 14, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY

Did everyone have a great weekend?? I did, I spent some time with my friend Sharon (OKIslandstampqueen) making an adorable little giftbag that looks just like a designer handbag. More on that at another time.
But I also had to say goodbye to my son Michael, as his spring break ended and his Dad took him back up to school. In six short weeks though, the semester will be over and he will be back! Yeah!!!
On to the card. I made this for my Mom and Dad for the holiday this week. My moms maiden name is Sullivan, so this is a holiday she enjoys celebrating. I pretty much went with the traditional colors for the holiday of greens and a touch of purple.
The card is a 6 by 6 inch gatefold card. I have done gatefolds before, but this one is a bit different than the previous ones I have made. Its great as it gives you some more room to play on. I will do a quick tutorial later this week.
Here it is slightly open. The ribbon keeps it neat and tidy when closed.

In this photo, I have opened it up a bit more, revealing the inside.
Here is the whole inside of the card. See? lots of room to play or even add a photo or 2 if you wanted.
The cardstock is Stampin Up, designer paper is an old one from my stash by Karen Neuberger for Paper Adventures. It is called Moments Floral. That sounds kinda backwards to me, but thats what it says.
Flowers are Prima, crystals are from Joannes.
The large stamp is from Peddlars Pack and the individual shamrock is an old one from PSX Company. Ribbon is from Michaels.
To add a little 3-D interest, Ipunched a couple of butterflies with my Martha Stewart punch and layered them in opposite corners.

Many thanks for stopping by...
Enjoy the week~ think of it as a fresh start!!!!





2 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

very nice!!! will this be one of the class card?!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

Yes, it will be~