Thursday, March 4, 2010

KITCHEN KITSCH NOTECARDS

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great day. Lately, I have really been into stamps and embellishments, etc. with a kitchen theme. I am quickly sucked in by their lure, and before you know it, they are in my mailbox!
And when these things have a vintage or retro feel "OH MY GOD!!"
I recently taught a class and it was a retro cookbook. (more to come on that later). So now I actually needed these kitchen things instead of just wanting them. HOORAY~
I found these great stamps at Stampers Dream online store and they are actually made by Gooseberry Patch, the ladies that make all those great cookbooks and country kitchen stuff. I did not even realize this until I got them and read the package. They are clear acrylic and stamp very well. I ended up not using these stamps for my class, but love playing with them. I made these 2 sets of notecards, they are just a little bit different. They will be for sale shortly in my Etsy Shop.
I used Nanas Kitchen for my paper, and Gina K pure Luxury white cardstock to stamp on. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with my Copics, which I have shown below.
Martha Stewart seam binding ties the yellow and pink bows, and the green ribbon was from my stash.
Martha Stewart Doily punch was used, and Stampin Up cardstock is the base of the card.

The mixer and the bowl notecards have either a round background or a square background. The canisters have only a rectangle shape.

The bottom left of the inside of each card has a little set of measuring spoons, stamped in brown. Same for the envelopes.

Below is one of the sets.

And here is the other.

Off to make Sloppy Joes for dinner.
Many thanks for stopping by....






2 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I love these! The colors are nice, too. You will love the stamp I got on e-bay last night-retro kitchen!

Gooseberry Patch said...

Oh, your notecards turned out beautifully...that color palette is perfect!

Thanks for giving our stamps some love and, for even more Gooseberry goodies, visit our blog at...

www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com

See you there!