Sunday, March 21, 2010

RECIPE BOOK CLASS

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks, but better late than never~
These are some photos of a recipe book class that I designed and taught last month.
I am loving the retro kithchen themed things in the scrapping world right now, so when I had to think of a class, it was a no brainer. As I've said before, vintage is my thing.
I also wanted to make it so it could easily be adapted to a gift, and be expandable. For these reasons, I chose to go with binder rings rather than using the Bind It All, so the recipient could later add as many pages as needed. I also made it so one side of each page could hold recipe cards or clippings, and the other could highlight some recipe favorites that would remain in a prominent spot.
Along the way, I sprinkled in some vintage and retro images from various sources, such as my own stash, Crafty Secrets, and different collage sheets from assorted places. The book measures about 81/2 by 5 1/2. The ribbon is all different scraps including some old lace and retro fabric torn into strips.
Cardstock is Bazzills Witch Hazel, Passionata and Brocade. Each pocket page has been adorned with a white textured piece of paper that has been punched with one of the Martha Stewart large punches. I thought this one reminded me of trimming on an apron.

Some of the patterened paper is from Recollections, like the waffle pattern you can see inside the covers.
Flowers are Prima, recipe cards are from Michaels.

I also added a stamped mason jar about 3 1/2 inches high to each pocket page. This can serve as a journaling spot about the featured recipe or memories of making it with a favorite family member. Some of them had a ribbon added, but I think I like the plain ones better.

How adorable are those kitties at the table???

Backing some of the recipes is paper from a collection by Making Memories called English Garden. It happened to be out on my desk for something else and it worked perfectly.

My class loved this boook and to date the women have made about 9 more on their own to give as gifts. 2 went to bridal showers, and 1 was a birthday gift to a cooking friend. I would call that class a success!!!

Hope everyone got out to enjoy the first day of Spring yesterday. It was quite beautiful here, with temps in the low 70's.
Dont forget to go to http://artfullegacy.blogspot.com/ to enter their first blog candy giveaway. It ends tonite!!!
Many thanks for stopping by...








No comments: