Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY

I have always been fascinated by butterflies. The way they seem to float on air, are so extremely elegant and live a seemingly full life in a very little amount of time. So this week, for my Design Team card for Artful Legacy, I chose this sentiment stamp~ ALS 1057 Theres Nothing~ and featured it on the card. To me it holds alot of meaning for so many different situations. I take it to mean there is so much good and beauty that can come out of any situation. And to always hold out hope, for it is there. And also that God is good and will watch over and protect you in all forms.
The base of the card is cut with a spellbinders die, Labels 8, then layered with patterned paper from my stash. Ribbon is Michaels. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark, then embosses with Colbalt Blue embossing powder for a bit of added dimension. The butterfly is also a Spellbinders die which I cut with some DCWV cardstock. I then glittered it and made some polka dots with a Sigmo White Gel pen. I also used this pen to make some faux stitching all around the cards perimeter.
Some chalk ink here and there and a Recollections Pearl for the butterflys belly finish off the outside.

I used the same diecut in a smaller size for the white inside of the card, and stamped a small navy butterfly from PSX in the inner left corner.
Please visit http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/
Many thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

Oviamy said...

So beautiful card!
I like butterflies very much.
It is a good idea to your butterfly card.

Here is a video about beautiful butterflies. I think you also can make a video card with butterflies