Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day

Hi all~ This is my submission for the Artful Legacy Design Team this week. I had seen a tutorial on how to do this background on another blog, and thought I would try it on this card. The original even had a tree, but not this tree. This is "WHIMSICAL TREE" from Artful Legacy. I love its flowing branches and heart shaped leaves. I almost never make a card with a few layers, never mind not even one!! Its harder than it seems. Us locals live by the adage "Every mistake is a chance for embellishment" . Well in this case, there is no room for either.
Stamping on one layer leaves no possibility of covering something up. Thats why this card is #4!!! I forgot to take the mask off the first one before stamping the tree, the second card came out great, but my stamp then fell on it before I could clean it. black ink everywhere~
Third card was crooked, and here is #4. The colors are also a bit off in the photos. In real life, its actually a very pretty violet.
This second photo shows how I used my Scor Pal to add some lines for interest on the bottom portion of the card.

Many thanks for stopping by and br sure to check out the http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/ to see what the others are up to this week.

2 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

good job!! not sure I could do that-I am not good with backgrounds like that!

Mina said...

wow I love the simple elegance of this card, what a beautiful tree image too
Mina xxx