Friday, July 2, 2010

FEELIN CRABBY.....

Hey everyone. Im back with my DT post for http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/.
I think it must have been a subconcious thing that I picked this image to work with after we were all so crabby from our flights last week~
But either way, I love this image. It was so much fun to color. Its called "JACLYNS CRAB JB137JJ".
Wouldnt it also make such a cute image on a childs birthday invitation? or an invitation for a summer seafood cookout? The napkin holders, placecards, menu all could have this cute little crab stamped on them. Endless possibilities I see here! Using only a few strong colors brought the crab to the forefront of this card, which is where I wanted her. I used my brightest Copic colors for her, R29, R27, R22 in red shades. The only other Copic was W1 for shading.
The colored image was cut out with my Blossom Spellbinder Die, and the next bigger size was used for the border. This one I also ran thru my Big Shot with the Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder to mimic ocean bubbles.
The sentiment "SUCH A CRAB ALS 1234E" was stamped in black and cut into a ships flag shape. I adhered it with foam tape and gave it a curved shape as I attached it to give the card a little more dimension.

The card was finished with my favorite go-to ribbon, black plaid, and I think it came out pretty well.
Many thanks for stopping by...


2 comments:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Too cute! All husbands should order at least 1/2 doz. of these right away! Lol!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

agreed!!!!