Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WHAT A SLACKER!

I do apologize!! I went a whole week without posting!! How does that happen? Im really not a slacker, I promise. (at least when it comes to blogging-LOL). Summer fun has just gotten in the way. Its fun to enjoy the kids when there is no school. I also have a sick doggy at home. More to come on that.
Anyhow~ it is already time again for my Artful Legacy Design Team submission for this week. I wanted to make a happy, summery little card~ and I think I accomplished that pretty well. The card kinda reminds me of Hawaii~ which is actually where my Mother in Law is flying to this very evening. Lucky her!
Back to the card. I used the Artful Legacy stamp "There Are Many Beautiful Things ALS1055 J". I stamped it in a plum dye ink and sponged the edges with a bright pink chalk ink. The sentiment was mounted on a scalloped rectangle in a bright green. Designer paper is from a big summer stack from Me and My Big Ideas. That paper was the inspiration for this card, as I just fell in love with the colors~
The card base is A-2 sized and is a pale baby pink. The flowers are a couple of hydrangeas to which I added crystals in the centers. Inside is blank.

Many thanks for stopping by...
Hope you are all "out playing" in this great summer weather.

No comments: