Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FLOWER POT CARD FRENZY!!!!!

I've finally done them~ A few weeks ago I saw a great tutorial on SCS on how to do these flower pot cards. Since my art studio was still under construction, I was not able to do anything more than read about them.
Oh ~ how I wanted to make one- or 3 or 5 or?????. They are a blast to make. they are fun, easy and I got to use so many of my scraps too cute to throw away. Seems like a win win to me!!!!
The directions are on Split Coast. Look up flower pot cards. If you have any trouble, please contact me and I'll help you. The flowers and leaves on both cards are all made from various punches and Cuttlebug dies.
The most tedious part was making my 2 part leaves. Its hard to glue such tiny pieces together without glue ending up everywhere. I think they were worth it though. The stamp is from SU's mini catalog. The set is called OVAL ALL and is made to work with their punches. Quick and pretty. This second card I made and promptly sent out to my parents to thank them for all they do for me. My mom loves all types of earth tones, oranges, browns, greens, and most of all yellow. So these scraps were perfect for her card. I used crystals for the flower centers to add a little bling. The pot is embossed with the new embossing folders from sizzix. I like the triple dot look.

Love you Mom and Dad!!!!! Thanks for all you do!!!
And thanks to all who stop by to visit my blog~

No comments: