Monday, May 18, 2009

"I BELIEVE" THOUGHTS BOX

I saw this wonderful little box on another blog~ Wonderfully Whimsey~ and had to try one for myself. I made a few small tweaks here and there, but her idea was so nice I didnt want to deviate too far from the original. I made this one for myself and a similar one for my sister for Mothers Day. The box is made from SU cardstock and DS paper. It contains 25 pull out cards with self inspiring/ self motivating thoughts on them. This is a great way to start the day or to make yourself feel a bit better when you may be feeling down.
The flower is an old silk flower, and the ribbons are Martha Stewart, Offray and asst. others. All the words are computer generated with the Bamboo typeface.
After printing out on a creme cardstock, I used creamy brown chalk inks around the edges and punched the corners with my SU ticket punch. Each card has flowers stamped in River Rock (SU) ink. The stamp sets I used are Eastern Blooms and Pocket Silhouettes, also SU.
This is a shot of the back of my little box. I used a paper distresser from CTMH to tear up the edges a bit. I thought it added a nice touch.
Many thanks for stopping by.

No comments: