Monday, May 11, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!

I would like to wish everyone a belated Happy Mothers Day!!
For my day, I wanted to go strawberry picking at a local farm. Lewis Farms in Wilmington is a favorite place of ours to signal the true beginning of spring/summer by visiting to pick their delicious stawberries. The weather was perfect also, in the low 80's with no humidity.
This picture is Michael, TT and I enjoying the gazebo after we were done in the field. I am having homemade strawberry sorbet. It was sooo yummy. The farm has a small snack bar where the treats are all made from strawberries.

This is us before we began our picking.

This photo shows Bob, Michael and I displaying the fruits of our labor. TT always manages to get some good photos.

A shot of me and Theresa Lauren.

TT looking for some good fruit.

Out in the field. The farm has kids that work there and they direct you to different rows of berries so that everyone is spread out and you can go at your own pace.

"This one looks yummy~ I'll have to eat it now"

After picking and enjoying our strawberry snacks, we took the ferry home and went out to eat at a favorite local Italian restaurant of ours. Waiting at home for me were 2 bouquets of flowers and beautiful cards.
My children gave me a white rose bouquet, and my husband gave me a mixed bouquet of the prettiest white, pink and purple wildflowers. I also got to pick out a shopping bag full of stamping supplies at a favorite store of mine!!!
Hope everyone had a great day too. Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: