Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DESIGN TEAM SUBMISSION DAY

Today I have another card in the "masculine theme". It uses a beautiful, detailed stamp "DUCK" ALM 512L. The sentiment is also an Artful Legacy stamp 'FOR MY HUSBAND' ALS 1209 D.
Using a favorite color combination of mine- blue and green- I made a 6 by 6 inch card of Night of Navy cardstock from SU. Then a piece of green designer paper. What makes this card a bit different is the piece of corrogated cardboard, that I peeled a layer off of, and them dry brushed some blue paint onto that. This was one of my first reflection type of cards, so how I did that was to color in the ducks mirror image in lighter shades of the ducks actual colors. I then went over all of that with a neutral gray Copic marker to subdue it even more.
Sentmient was stamped with Olive Chalk Ink and both the image and sentiment were mounted on more navy cardstock. I love adding ribbon, but being this is a card for a man, I chose to just run the ribbon behind the duck, and add a knotted piece on the left side.

Please check out all the other great cards this week at http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/.
Many thanks for stopping by...


No comments: