Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SUNNY DAYS AND SAND CASTLES

Good morning all! We are wrapping things up here to officially begin the summer season. My daughter finishes school tomorrow, my college age son has been home a month already, and the tourists are starting to arrive in my town. So what came to mind?? Sandcastles of course. For this weeks card over at Http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/ I chose a summer theme. We have had such nice, sunny, warm ~ok, hot~ weather here this week, how could I not be inspired?
The stamp is called Sunny Days ALS 1307 and I can see myself reaching for it again and again.
I used an A-2 sized base in light blue CS. I then took 2 bright , cheerful, summer themed paper and cut it into strips. The floral is a piece I was hoarding called "Tahiti Graffiti" by Flair. The colors are just so pretty to me, and after saving it for a long time (why do I always do that? There will always be more pretty paper) it was time to cut it up. I used my Heidi Swapp edge distresser on each strip and then inked those edges with hot pink and blue chalk inks.
The sentiment is stamped with Melon Mambo ink from SU. The sandcastle was made with my Quickutz and then glittered, which is hard to see in the photo of the whole card. I havent used my QK in a long time, and I actually like making all those little shapes, so I have a spot for it on my desk now. Im kinda the "outa sight outa mind" mentality when it come to supplies.
To finish it off, I added 2 knotted ribbons, and some baby pom pom trim on the bottom. The pom poms are actually the nicest color of watermelon pink and I am kinda bummed they look red here.
Many thanks for stopping by.....
p.s. I have another untouched sheet of that paper by Flair~ haha


1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very nice! And they look pink to me! I think I have that same paper and just passed it up the other day---hoarding it, too!