I made a 6 by 6 inch easel card and used a soft powdery blue for the card base. Its an older Bazzill sheet, so Im not really sure of the correct color name. I colored her in with Copics and made the image a double frame out of blue and cream CS. No Nesties here~ I just trimmed her out with my Exacto Blade.
The tag was also hand made with 2 punches from SU. I ran a wired ivory ribbon thru it and attached to the back. For the bottom of the card, I tried a new- to -me technique of pleating paper. After cutting it to an 12 by 1 1/2 inch strip,I punched one edge with a MS Doily border punch. Then I ran my bone folder back and forth, kinda curling as I went. This was done to soften the fibres of the paper, and make it easier to pleat. Then I ran it across some blue ink to color the edges. Adding a piece of Sticky Strip to the back of some blue CS, I started pleating, just making tiny folds back and forth as I adhered the paper to the CS.
It wasnt too hard, but this was my second try for this card. I was unhappy with the way the pleats came out the first time around.
I added some small blue flowers, and leaves that I made from a SU die. Then I took some more of that wired ribbon and just twisted it till I found it pleasing to me. I adhered this to the back of the small blue strip and then it all was adhered to the card base.
Many thanks for stopping by...