Wednesday, June 16, 2010

FOR YOU

Hi all! Its that time of week again, where I show off some great stamps from Artful Legacy.
I am really having a ball being on their design team. I get to play with some great stamps like this one "WILD FLOWERS" ALF 657 N. This is a rather large card, measuring 5 by 6 1/2, so you can see how nice and big this stamp is. I used a Gina K background stamp first to cover my piece of GP white paper. This was stamped in an old Archival Ink Plum color that I have had forever. I then overstamped the flower cluster in Versamark and heat embossed with white Embossing Powder. This technique is called Emboss Resist.
After this, I took some SU Melon Mambo on a cosmetic sponge and darkened up the area around the flowers.
When I thought I had done this enough, I took an old rag and wiped the ink off of the embossed area. Its quite easy to wipe away, as it is not absorbed in these areas.
I mounted the image on some SU gray CS and used a punch to make some photo corners.
This was all then matted to a pink piece with a small argyle pattern.
Here is a close up to see the embossed image.
The FOR YOU sentiment is unknown, as I have had a long time. Do you like my ribbon?
I made it myself from some seam binding and Glimmer Mist. Its crunched up when wet to give it a crinkly look. I tied it in a bow and added a pretty pink bud.
I had a small strip of the text, so I added it to the inside of the card for interest.
The sentiment inside is also from Artful Legacy and is called " MAY THE LORD USE" 1218. Its stamped in Rouge chalk ink.
Be sure to check out what the other girls have made at http://artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/.
Many thanks for stopping by....



1 comment:

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I LOVE IT!!! I was wondering how you did it! This is very very pretty!